This course will give you everything you need to start designing torsion springs made from round and rectangular wire in our Spring Calculator Professional software and provide valuable information, tips, and techniques for those who already use it. We Cover:
- Basic design theory covering nomenclature, definitions, fundamental equations
- Demonstration of how to use all relevant parts of Spring Calculator Professional showing where all the topics discussed fit in, including some example design problems
- Q&A where attendees can ask any questions. We will provide design problems so you can try it out yourself and get support when needed.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who has bought (or is thinking of buying) Spring Calculator Professional. Gain a thorough understanding of its uses and the theory that it is modelling. No detailed knowledge of springs is assumed to benefit those from any industry sector, not just spring manufacturing.
Your tutor is Dr Richard Dignall, who leads our software development team and is the tutor for our Practical Spring Design course.
What will you need?
- Zoom account
- Spring Calculator Professional software*
- A PC with Windows 8 or higher to run Spring Calculator Professional
* If you do not already have or use Spring Calculator Professional (SCP), we will provide you with a trial for the course duration. If you do have SCP, you will need the torsion spring module active; we can activate this for you for the course duration if required.