This course will give you everything you need to get started designing conical compression and non-standard compression springs in our Spring Calculator Professional software, and also provide useful information, tips and techniques for those who already use it. It is split into three parts:
- Basic design theory covering nomenclature, definitions, fundamental equations
- Demonstration of how to use all relevant parts of Spring Calculator Professional showing where all the topics discussed fit in, including some example design problems
- Q&A where attendees can ask any questions. Further design problems will be provided so that you can try it out yourself and get help.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone who has recently bought (or is thinking about buying) Spring Calculator Professional, or feels like they could benefit from a thorough grounding in its use as well as the theory that it is modelling. No detailed knowledge of springs is assumed, so it will benefit those from any industry sector, not just spring manufacturers.
It is delivered by Dr Richard Dignall, who leads our software development team and is the tutor for our Practical Spring Design course.
What will you need?
- A Zoom account
- Spring Calculator Professional software*
- A PC with Windows 8 or higher to run Spring Calculator Professional
* If you do not already have or use Spring Calculator Professional we will provide you with a trial for the duration of the course. You will need the conical and non-standard spring modules active – if you do not have these we will provide you with an extension for the duration of the course.